You will be actively supporting the research and promotional work done by the Somme Association.
Your support will help us to:-
- Ensure that the sacrifice of the Ulster and Irish Divisions is never forgotten.
- Staff and maintain the Ulster Memorial Tower, Thiepval.
- Support the development and maintenance of Thiepval Wood.
- Maintain close links with the people of the Somme area.
- Support the development of the Somme Heritage Centre at Newtownards.
- Add to and develop our archives.
- Develop our educational programme encompassing touring exhibitions, lectures, films and publications.
- Compile and maintain a World War Two archive including first-hand accounts and artefacts.
As a “Friend” you will receive:-
- A membership card or certificate and badge.
- Publications and information updates.
- Access to our archive material and assistance in visiting the Battlefields, Cemeteries and Memorials in France and Belgium.
- Organised lectures and events.
- We will carry out research on your behalf to provide any information we can on your relatives who served in the Great War, and will add to our archives any information you can provide.
Membership fees per annum:
Full Member: £19.00
Family Membership: £28.00
Corporate Membership: £30 - £150
Primary School: £14.00
Secondary School: £28.00
Please complete and return the membership form to:
Mrs Claire McWhirter
PA to the Director
The Somme Association
233 Bangor Road